Saturday, July 5, 2014

La Grande Epicerie de Paris

Kate and I have been wanting to go to the Bon Marché to their fancy grocery store.  It has been totally remodeled since we were there two years ago.  We quickly found a few of our favorite things including the best butter ever and Angelina's hot chocolate to make at home.  We did not get a chance to take pictures but I did snap a pic of a few of our purchases when we got home.

Buerre Bordier, Madeleines, Hot Chocolate, Salted Caramels and Meringues 
The meringues melted in my mouth and Kate and Kelly dunked the Madeleines in the hot chocolate.  The white bakery that we frequent is closed on Saturdays so Kelly had to get our daily Campaillette over on the rue Cler today.  It was really disappointing.  The crust was not crisp.  Kate refused to eat the bottom half of the bread and I don't think I even considered a second slice.  We'll have to venture out a little farther to find a better baguette on Saturdays. 
We'll be going back to l'épicerie soon to stock up on favorites to take home.  Let me know what you want me to bring home to you!

1 comment:

  1. That all looks AMAZING! I remember going with Syd and Kate to Angelina's - they wanted to dilute the hot chocolate with water!

    ReplyDelete