Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Few of My Favorite Things

I am a list person.  It seems I always have a daily list along, with an ongoing list that gets rewritten when enough items have been crossed out and there is no more room to add more.  I love to cross things off my lists and feel I've accomplished something!
I am a note person, too.  I like taking notes by hand.  I remember things better when I write them down.  Just ask Kelly.  He cites a study in his American Heritage class that says students who take notes by hand remember and synthesize what they learn better than those who take notes on their computers.
Because I am a list person and a note person, I love paper.  Pads of paper.  Notebooks.  Sticky notes. Stationery.  I still keep a Letts of London calendar rather than a calendar on my phone or computer.
So one thing I love about Paris is the paper.  Especially Rhodia brand paper.  Their paper pads and notebooks usually have an orange or black cover and come in many shapes and sizes.  This trip in the BHV Department Store I discovered Rhodia pads and notebooks in bright colors and patterns.  I was in heaven!

BHV Department Store

Rhodia Paper Pads in Bright Colors
Along with Traditional Orange and Black
More Bright Colors


















It was so hard to decide which ones I should get.  I loved the notebooks in various patterns.
Rhodia Notebooks
I finally made my decision.
Note Pads
Notebooks


















BHV had a bright red colored pencil holder that rolls up and ties.  It was so cute!  But a bit pricey at 42 euros.

I also bought a few spoons at BHV.  Sande Krieger found these spoons, forks and knives on one of our first study abroad trips.  They come in many colors-orange, green, red, blue, lavendar, yellow and pink.  And many different patterns-flowers, tiny elephants, checks, etc.  I am using the polka dot spoon now.  The spoons in the apartment are either tiny ones for stirring coffee or big soup spoons.  Neither worked well for my cereal in the morning. 
BHV Cutlery


















I walked home a different way from BHV and came across a boulangerie-patisserie with this pretty window display.  Huge meringues in pretty colors and galettes des rois.  I need to go back to check out those meringues!




2 comments:

  1. What fun to see all the paper notebooks and pad choices! I think you choose well. And the cutlery is amazing--I'll be bringing a few of those home, but how to decide which ones?? I'm sure among your lists is a strong list of boulangerie-patisseries to share with all who visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful meringues. Mother Katherine would love those. The paper place and the cutlery look amazing. I wouldn’t be able to choose

    ReplyDelete