Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Boulangerie

I went to our Boulangerie this morning for out last croissants and pains au chocolats before we fly home.  As I left, I noticed men carry huge bags of flour into the Boulangerie from a big truck parked on the street.  Kelly was getting ready for his last Paris run so I told him to take his iPhone and see if the truck was still there.
Flour Truck
Kelly stopped and watched the two men carry in the flour.  He told them he was from the US and that he found this very interesting.  The men were surprised and happy to talk to him.  They told him there are flour mills all along the Seine.  They move the flour up and down the Seine on barges.  Then they load up the delivery trucks with the flour and deliver it either in bags, like at our boulangerie because it is a small one, or they pipe the flour directly into the boulangerie.
Man Carrying the Flour into the Boulangerie
Our Boulangerie is definitely at the top of my list of things I will miss in Paris.  We learned the croissants taste so much better here because of the high fat content of the butter in France.  Everything just tastes better in Paris.

2 comments:

  1. I am really sad for these blog posts to end! You must be so sad to leave Paris again! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate has been crying as she has been packing. Pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete